Overview of Art of Being and Limitations of our Services
Art of Being is an online store of original artwork printed goods. Printing and shipping is handled by a local and ethical third party provider. Each of our products are made by hand and variations may occur within an order, or from one order to another. There are continuous improvements made to minimizing these discrepancies so your products print as accurately as possible every time AND we encourage openess to these flaws as we support slow fashion fair trade practices which leave traces of the human hand in them.
Access to Services
You may order products without having an account in which case consent to the terms and conditions is implied and still apply to all orders. Product designs cannot be saved unless you have an account with us.
Printing & Sewing Variations
Print variations can and will occur when printing artwork onto various fabrics and surfaces
Occasionally a product may have a sewing defect like a hole, caught fabric, or incorrectly secured stitches. A sewing defect is a flaw in the sewing that makes the product unusable for its intended purpose (like wearing). Report any defects as outlined below.
Flaws in non-textile products
We have a wide range of printed products beyond clothing. If you receive a product that is flawed mechanically (not a print colour issue) please report your concern as outlined below.
Reporting a Concern
- Contact us with detailed photos of the issue and include the order number.
- We will try to respond within 72 hrs. We may request additional information.
- All issues will be evaluated on a case by case basis using the information provided.
Custom printed products are non-refundable. Products with mechanical issues or defaults are usually reprinted and replaced. Please contact us with your concerns and we will handle each concern individually.
Drop Ship Orders and Customer Service
If you have an issue with the product refer to the process listed in the return policy section of the website.
Customs Fees, Duties, and Shipment Delays
Art of Being uses a third party provider to ship worldwide with Canada Post, USPS, and various courier services. Tracking numbers will be provided for shipments whenever possible. Any additional costs or customs fees occurring from shipments (both domestic or international) are not the responsibility of Art of Where. International orders under $100 do not have tracking.
Please contact your local post office if you are unsure of the customs, duties, or expected transit times for your country.
Art of Being's third party shipping provider allows our customers to request alternative and express shipping methods such as UPS or DHL at an additional cost at checkout.
Shipments delayed by the shipping service are beyond our control and personal costs resulting from delayed shipments are not the responsibility of Art of Being. We commit to getting your order shipped to you in a timely manner, doing our best to made sure third party providers respect the estimated production times. Occasionally, an order takes longer than predicted due to various reasons including reprints, low inventory, out of stock fabric or technical issues. We will try to contact you if there is a severe delay on your order.
Artwork Rights, Reproduction, and Photographs
All artwork appearing on Art of Being remains the property of the Marie Ashley Nelson who created, designed it.
If you have concerns with any photos posted on Art of Being on social media without crediting the shop ("Art of Being") or the artist Marie Ashley Nelson (alias Ashley Alchemist) please get in touch with our customer service email email@example.com
Flawed products and Misprints
Sometimes we have products that are incorrectly printed and do not pass our quality control processes. In order to reduce our impact on the environment we donate imperfect finished products to shelters, schools, reserves, and daycares. We never donate products to an institution that would sell them and we specify to the receiver that the products can never be resold.
Our goal at Art of Being is to offer high quality printed products using the latest in eco-print technology and slow fashion construction methods. There is a certain amount of variability when printing custom items that is reasonable and acceptable. Our terms and conditions are in place to help define an effective working relationship with our customers. We thank you for trusting Art of Being with your printed artwork needs and we look forward to keep on providing beautiful, evolving collections of legacy project artwork that changes lives.
Summary of our Terms
Art of Being is an expansive entrepreneurial project. The foundation of our community is respect for art and the creative process as a means to harmonize and make a positive impact. Here are the rules we expect our community members to abide by when using our site:
- If you don't have the rights to it, please don't upload it. Only upload artwork that you have the right to reproduce.
- Art of Being reserves the right to remove product designs without notice from anywhere on the website that are in violation of our policies.
For all the art lovers out there, please respect the copyright policies regarding original artwork shared on this website with you.
Please contact us if you need clarification on any of our policies at firstname.lastname@example.org
User's Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
This website is operated by Marie Ashley Nelson under the name Art of Being ("Art of Being"). Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Art of Being. Art of Where offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
- You are responsible for your use of the Site, for any content you post to the Site, and for any consequences thereof. You may use the Site only if you can form a binding contract with Art of Being and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of Canada, The United States, or other applicable jurisdiction. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state/provincial, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. The Products & Services that Art of Being provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that Art of Being provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, Art of Being may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
- By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must not transmit any digital worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature. A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.